Hours & Location
Stearns Homestead is a family-friendly place for kids of all ages.
We are located at 6975 Ridge Road, Parma. Click on maps and directions and insert your address in the top address line
PAHS/Stearns Homestead mailing address is: PO Box 29002, Parma OH 44129
Hours and days:
Saturday: 11am – 2pm
Due to current health concerns, our visitor hours are limited to Saturdays, Mid-May through October.
Five dollar donation per family at the gate provides you with a tub of animal feed. All donations are used to purchase feed and provide care for our farm animals.
- See our events list for special event hours and days.
- Farmers Market on Saturdays, June through September 11 am- 2 pm
- General number 440.845.9770 – gives updates – will not take messages. Best way to reach us is via email: StearnsHomestead@gmail.com
- We offer group & school tours on Tuesdays & Thursdays (advance reservation required) and cabin rental for parties. Details under separate tabs
We have a large parking area to the south of the homestead and a very limited area in front of the white garage on the main drive that is reserved for handicap parking only. Drop off for those with difficulty walking is allowed. Please NO PARKING in front of the red barn.
Safety issues for you and for our animals:
- Make sure to feed animals only with the food that we sell. Feed is sold in front of the Yankee barn. Do not bring bread or other food items to feed the farm animals as it could cause them digestive issues.
- Wild Canada geese frequent the acre pond. Geese may bite and are extremely protective of their nest, eggs and babies. Please be cautious if you decide to feed the geese.
- The homestead is wheelchair accessible to the general store and cabin area and to some extent the barnyard area – the historical houses are not wheelchair accessible.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at various locations throughout the homestead.
Food & Beverages:
The homestead Country Store sells beverages, old fashioned candy and ice cream along with handmade items including quilts, gifts, homestead t-shirts and other interesting items.
At special events each month, hot dogs, burgers, bakery and other food items are usually available for sale.
In addition, there are lots of family friendly restaurants nearby!
What to wear:
- Casual clothing with flat heels is advised
- Closed toed shoes or boots are also recommended
- Dress to be outside – almost all the farm animals are outside.
Photos may be taken of the animals. We encourage you to post your photos on our facebook page: StearnsHomestead
The city provides portable outhouses that are cleaned weekly by the company that supplies them.