- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 Tbs. of baby oil
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 4 Tbs. cream of tartar
1. In a double boiler over medium heat, mix together water and baby oil. (if you want color, now is the time to add your food coloring)
2. Slowly add the flour, salt and cream of tartar, stirring constantly for a smooth mixture.
3. Cook mixture for 5 minutes until it form a ball of dough.
4. Let the dough cool until slightly warm. Knead the play dough on waxed paper until it is smooth.
5. Store play-dough in the refrigerator in air tight containers or ziplock baggie when the kids are not playing with it.
This home made playdough will last for several months if kept refrigerated.