- 1 1/2 lbs of ground meat
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- 4 carrots, sliced thin
- 6-ounce green peas
- 6 large potatoes peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- dash salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – grated
1. In a large pot boil ground meat, diced onions and bullion cubes for 50 minutes.
2. Add sliced carrots and peas. Boil for 15 minutes.
3. While meat is cooking start the potatoes. Peel and dice potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Place in separate pot. Boil in just enough water to cover.
4. When potatoes are tender, drain and mash them in large bowl. Mix in sour cream. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
5. When meat and potatoes are done, ladle out into a large casserole dish. Reserve 1/2 cup of broth for sauce.
6. Mix together Worcestershire sauce, beef broth and cornstarch until the gravy thickens. Pour gravy over meat and vegetables.
7. Take mashed potatoes and spread over the top of the Shepherds Pie casserole. Top with grated cheese.
8. Cover casserole and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
Serves 6 people