Here are some helpful tips and information.
Stearns Homestead is located at 6975 Ridge Road, Parma. Click on maps and directions and insert your address in the top address line
PAHS/Stearns Homestead mailing address is: PO Box 29002, Parma OH 4129
Hours and days:
- We are open to the public on Saturdays from 11 am – 3 pm and Sundays from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm, mid-May through mid-October. Free Admission on weekends.
- See our events list for special event hours and days.
- Farmers Market on Saturdays, June through October 10 am- 2 pm
- General number 440.845.9770 – gives updates – will not take messages. Best way to reach us is via email: StearnsHomestead@gmail.com
- Cabin Rental: email StearnsHomestad@gmail.com
- Barnyard & School Tours: email Stearns Homestead@gmail.com Fee $4 per person
We have a large parking area to the south of the homestead and a very limited area in front of the white garage on the main drive that is reserved for handicap parking only. Drop off for those with difficulty walking is allowed. Please NO PARKING in front of the red barn.
Safety issues for you and for our animals:
- Make sure to feed animals only with the food that we sell. Feed is sold in front of the Yankee barn. Do not bring bread or other food items to feed the farm animals as it could cause them digestive issues.
- Wild Canada geese frequent the acre pond. Geese may bite and are extremely protective of their nest, eggs and babies. Please be cautious if you decide to feed the geese.
- The homestead is wheelchair accessible to the general store and cabin area and to some extent the barnyard area – the historical houses are not wheelchair accessible.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at various locations throughout the homestead.
Food & Beverages:
The homestead Country Store sells beverages, old fashioned candy and ice cream along with handmade items including quilts, gifts, homestead t-shirts and other interesting items.
At special events each month, hot dogs, burgers, bakery and other food items are usually available for sale.
In addition, there are lots of family friendly restaurants nearby!
What to wear:
- Casual clothing with flat heels is advised
- Closed toed shoes or boots are also recommended
- Dress to be outside – almost all the farm animals are outside.
Photos may be taken of the animals. We encourage you to post your photos on our facebook page: StearnsHomestead
The city provides portable outhouses that are cleaned weekly by the company that supplies them.
Homestead & Barnyard Tours:
- Upon request, we do tours for school groups, scout troops, seniors, preK and daycares (advanced reservations are a must). Email us for available dates: StearnsHomestead@gmail. com Farm Visit Form
- Our youth group members are always on hand to teach facts about the animals and tell of their experiences caring for their project animals.
- The animal caretakers are all volunteer staff who take great pride in the animals at the homestead and at least one is always on hand to answer questions about the animals and even tell some of the stories of how we acquired them.
- Most weekends the Gibbs House is open to tour – a tour guide is on hand to take you through the house.
While there is no admission fee for weekend visits, we are grateful for all donations. The farm staff are all volunteers, therefore all donations are used to provide veterinary care, feed and bedding for the farm animals.