You Can Help!
Help us to preserve a small piece of Parma’s agricultural history. Your time, talent, and generosity will help keep the homestead open for many generations to enjoy.
Volunteers are always needed:
- as a museum tour guide (weekends)
- extra help in the country store (weekends)
- adult volunteers (on a regular basis) for animal care. -youth must be 18 years of age or older or be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- farmhands to help with school and group tours (weekdays) For more information, leave a message at 440 845-9770 or email StearnsHomestead@gmail.com
Our Wish List
Feeding and caring for our animals is always a high priority. We welcome the following food items:
- Plain Cheerios/generic O’s cereal
- Fresh leaf lettuce and other greens
- Empty egg cartons (dozen size)
- Apples (except green Granny Smith)
You can also make donations on behalf of the Parma Area Historical Society at the Grace Brothers in North Royalton. Your donation will be directly applied to cover feed costs.
Items always needed:
- Packages of animal bedding
- Canned and dry cat food
- Small non-tipping metal or ceramic bowls or heavy feed dishes
- Cloth towels
- Paper towels
- Rags for cleaning
The Parma Area Historical Society provides feed and care for all the farm animals and maintains the homestead through animal feed sales, animal ‘adoptions’, items purchased in the Country Store and generous donations from our farm friends.
The animals would appreciate any and all donations.