The Homestead sponsors a 4H youth group which was started to educate the youth of our area about the history and agriculture as well as what it was like to live on a farm and care for the animals.
Members are required to come to the homestead a minimum of three days a week to care for the animal assigned to them. They learn nutrition, grooming and facts about that particular animal throughout the year.
The club begins in late March and runs through November with a monthly meeting at the Homestead.
Club members and parents will be asked to participate in community events and volunteer one day of a weekend each month and during the Homestead special events.
Requirements are as follows:
- To be eligible for an animal project, participant must be 8 years of age by January 1st of the application year. Cloverbuds are 6-8 years of age and can participate in all areas of interest except animal projects.
- Participant are required to come to the Homestead and care for their animal a minimum of three times per week .
- Members must also participate in Homestead events, fundraising and community service projects.
- A first year fee of $25.00 per club member is required which includes a club T-shirt and animal project book to track the animal’s care.
- An additional $10.00 yearly membership fee is required for the club member family to join PAHS. No other fees are required unless participant changes animal selection in next year; then a new book is required.
- Animals are assigned according to the ability of the participant and animal availability.
- Orientation meetings for open enrollment will be held annually in February or early March in the Homestead cabin.
For further information, contact the Homestead Hoofer Advisor
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org