The Parma Historical Society hopes that you will enjoy our little slice of yesteryear, right in the heart of Parma. We hope to maintain the homestead and farm, and with some help, improve it!
Stearns Homestead has many plans to make the farm a more enjoyable experience for all it’s visitors, but we need your help! If you would, please visit our “Lend-a-Hand” page for opportunities, or email us at StearnsHomestead@gmail.com with your suggestions.
Work/Needs List: (bulldozer, scraper, other machinery will be needed to complete some of these tasks on our work list)
- New fence or fence repairs to create more pastures
2. Re-seed north front pasture and ‘cow’ pasture (no we don’t have cows but we did and that’s where they stayed so we still call it the cow pasture)
3. Level and re-seed south front pasture – farmers market area
4. Dig out and install heavy use pad area by back horse stalls
5. Install water line to upper garden area.
6. Create base using sand and mulch to outside arena.
Donated Items and work accomplished:
Out building repairs and paint (repairs ongoing) – 2016
Those who can, do.
Those who can do more, volunteer.