Parma Homestead Hoofers Youth Group
The Homestead Hoofers youth group will learn about Parma’s agricultural history while learning farm animal care. Members are assigned a farm animal and learn nutrition, grooming and facts about that particular farm animal throughout the year. The club begins in March and runs through November with a monthly meeting at the Homestead. Youth group members will be asked to adhere to the following requirements:
- Participant must have attained 8 years of age by January 1st of the year applying for membership.
- Participant must come to the Homestead to care for their assigned animal a minimum of three nights per week- no exception.
- Participant must attend/assist at Homestead special events, Homestead fundraiser and community service project(s).
- A $10.00 yearly Parma Area Historical Society (PAHS) youth family membership fee is required.
- A first year fee of $25.00 is required- a t-shirt and project book is provided. No other fee is required unless participant changes animal selection – then new book is required.
- Animals are assigned according to participant ability and animal availability.
A youth group orientation meeting is usually held in February at the Homestead. Open enrollment continues until April 30.